Novotel Hotel, Bandung | March 17-19, 2010 | Rp.5.250.000,-
Covers basic concepts and principles of instrumentation in industries. Describes several types of sensors: force, temperature, pressure, flow and level. Also discusses their characteristics. Covers controllers and actuators. Includes the analog to digital and digital to analog interface and the properties of signal in the digital control loop, calibration, standard and reliability.
No specialist knowledge or skills are required – only a technical background so that there is an understanding for such factors as the difference.
After completion of this program participants will:
- Understand the concept of instrumentation
- Understand the characteristics of instruments
- Understand the sensors, controllers and actuators
- Understand static and dynamics characteristics of instrument
- Know how to identify the correct signal in the control loop
- Know the signal properties in digital control loop
- Know the valves
- Know the calibration and operation
- Know the standard
- General definitions and terminology
- Basic concepts in industrial instrumentation
- Comprehensive review of measuring devices which covers following subjects: types and characteristics, operating philosophy (sensor characteristics), selection criteria, sizing (at normal and extreme condition), application and typical arrangement, advantages/disadvantages of each type of instrument.
- Instrumentation devices (gauge and switch) covers for: FLOWMETER, LEVEL measurement, PRESSURE measurement , TEMPERATURE measurement
- Control valves: types and characteristics (opening, on-off /regulate, etc), selection criteria, sizing, application, industrial standard.
- Transmitter and instrument signal transmission: types and characteristics (pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, analog and digital signal), operating philosophy, time delay & travel time, selection criteria, application, advantages/disadvantages of each type.
- Calibration Concepts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Instrumentation Engineers & Technicians
- Design and Process Engineers
- Operation, Piping, Mechanical and Plant Engineers
- Maintenance Technician and supervisors
- Service Engineers and supervisors
- Work over engineers and supervisors
- Asset Manager Team members
- Everybody who are responsible for selecting, purchasing, or repairing control valves.
DR. Ir. Endra Joelianto is an expert in control engineering. His outstanding research is: Hybrid Control Systems, Discrete Event Control Systems, Petri Nets Analysis and Application on PLC, Robust PID Controller, Advanced Process Control, Industrial Automation using PLC/ DCS. He received first degree (Ir.) in Engineering Physics in 1990 from Department of Engineering Physics, ITB and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) in Control Engineering in 2001 from Department of Engineering, The Australian National University, Australia.
He is coordinator of Intelligent Control and Automation, and founder of PLC Research Group, Laboratorium Instrumentasi dan Kontrol (LINK), Departemen Teknik Fisika, Institut Teknologi Bandung. He was the founder and the director of Schneider-OMRON PLC Training Center, Maranatha Christian University, Bandung. The Schneider-OMRON PLC Training Center has cooperation with PT. Schneider Electric Indonesia, PT. OMRON Corporation Japan, Invensys WONDERWARE.
He was the project leader for TPSDP Retooling Program Batch II-DIKNAS for Training Program on “INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION USING PLC” 2004 and Co-provider for the same retooling program Batch II on “INDUSTRIAL CONTROL AND AUTOMATION” by PT. Cahaya Sumirat, Bandung. In 2005, he leads the retooling project entitled PLC for Industrial Control and Automation at the Department of Engineering Physics, ITB
He attended several professional trainings on PLC, DCS and Instruments Calibration, such as: Yokogawa DCS, Bandung (2000), Implementation of Indonesian National Standard (SNI) 19-17025 and Basic Calibration, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Bandung (2001), Fieldbus Foundation Technology, Singapore (2002), Basic and Advance PLC OMRON, Jakarta (2004), Cleaner Production: Application in Industries, University of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa-ITB, Bandung (2005). Advanced Process Control, ASPEN Tech., Jakarta, (2005)
He serves as instructor either for public, universities or in-house training on instrumentation and process control to universities, petrochemical or oil and gas companies, such as: PT. NGL Arun, PT. NGL Bontang, PT. Pupuk Iskandar Muda, PT. Pupuk Kalimantan Timur, PT. Pupuk Kujang, PT. Semen Padang, PT. Semen Gresik, PT. Petrokimia Gresik, PT. Semen Cibinong, PT. Indocement, PT. Semen Tigaroda Perkasa, PT. Exspan Nusantara, PT. ALSTOM Indonesia, PERTAMINA, British Petroleoum, Maxus, Amoseas, PT. Nusa Halmahera Mineral, PT. Indonesia Jaya Power, Indonesia Power-Paiton, PT. Riau Pulp and Paper, Indonesian Cement and Concrete Institut (ISBI), LIPI-Bandung, LAPI-ITB, POLMAN-Bandung, etc.
March 17-19, 2010
Novotel Hotel, Bandung
Rp.5.250.000,- per participant, excluding accommodation & tax.